A growing base of scientific evidence supports the use of acupuncture as a complementary treatment for diabetes. Alongside prescribed medications and lifestyle changes, acupuncture has been shown to improve symptoms and reduce patient suffering. Read more in the articles we’ve gathered below.
Scientific Studies Supporting Acupuncture for Diabetes and Related Symptoms
- Treatment of Insulin Resistance by Acupuncture: A Review of Human and Animal Studies [Acupuncture in Medicine, 2018]
- Acupuncture for Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in a Patient with Myasthenia Gravis: A Case Report [Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, 2017]
- Role of acupuncture in the treatment of insulin resistance: A systematic review and meta-analysis [Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, 2019]
- Effectiveness of Acupuncture as an Adjunctive Therapy for Diabetes Mellitus: A Randomized Controlled Trial [Medical Acupuncture, 2014]
- Acupuncture in the Treatment of Diabetic Bladder Dysfunction [Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2014]
- Acupuncture for the Treatment of Peripheral Neuropathy [Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2017]