Members are invited to submit an abstract for a Poster Presentation at the AAMA 2021 Virtual Symposium, April 30-May 2.
Acupuncture research of all types is welcomed, including observational studies, surveys and clinical case series. Presentation of educational or quality improvement projects is also encouraged.
Please follow all instructions carefully to allow your application to be fully considered. Poster Presentations must be submitted in English.
POSTER PRESENTATION SUBMISSIONS
Deadline for submissions: March 10, 2021
Abstracts should contain the following:
- Author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Contact information
- Abstract body of no more than 250 words
For Scientific Posters – clinical and preclinical research abstracts should be structured using the following subheadings:
Educational abstracts can utilize alternative subheadings as appropriate. In the event of any questions regarding the suitability or formatting of abstracts, please feel free to approach the Abstract Chair (Jennifer Dilts, DO – firstname.lastname@example.org) for an informal pre-submission inquiry.
If your poster submission is accepted for presentation, you will be notified by March 19, 2021.
Poster Presentation Competition:
Scientific poster presentations will be considered for a prize competition. Submissions/presentations will be reviewed by selected judges and awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place presentations, with $500, $250 and $100 awarded, respectively. Awards will be announced before the close of the Symposium. To be award-eligible, posters must utilize the format outlined above.
If your abstract is accepted, you are asked to submit a poster for the virtual poster hall (available for the duration of the symposium) and present your poster in a live virtual poster session.
Virtual Poster Hall (choose 1 option):
- PDF of your poster
- PowerPoint slides (maximum of 5 slides, including title slide)
- Recorded presentation: video that is 3 minutes or less. Presenter is responsible for creating and submitting video file to AAMA.
Live virtual poster presentations:
- All presenters will present their poster “live” for 3 minutes on Friday, April 30 starting at 2:15 pm PT (specific time confirmed when acceptance confirmations sent).
- At the conclusion of each 3 minute presentation, presenters will have 2 minutes for Q & A.
All final poster presentations must be submitted to AAMA by April 9, 2021. Submissions after that date will not be included.
AS PER CME REQUIREMENTS, NO COMMERCIAL ENDORSEMENT OF ANY PRODUCT OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED AND THIS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUBMISSION.