Live Pre-Symposium Workshop
April 29 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
“Introduction to Balance System Acupuncture”
Presented by: Sonia Tan, DAOM, RAc, RTCMP
This course is a modified condensed glance at the basic foundations of two to three of the five main systems of Balance System Acupuncture, an evolution of the Balance Method. The systems are rooted in the concept of healing the body by balancing channels. Students will learn the history of the Balance Method/System, the basis of the systems, and the logical processes for determining the meridians to acupuncture, including an easy-to-use format to outline the treatment plan. A detailed explanation of the Mirroring and Imaging Formats will also be explained to assist participants in effective point selection. Dr. Tan will show how to use distal points in order to avoid aggravating the area of discomfort and will include demonstrations. Particular attention will be paid to musculo-skeletal conditions in this introductory level.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Contextualize the Balance Method/System within the history of the acupuncture field.
- Outline the development of two or three of the six systems/strategies.
- Identify the name and numbers of two or three of the six systems/strategies and describe how each
balances a meridian.
- Apply a mirror and imaging concept to choose the acupuncture points on the body.
- Locate specific acupuncture points within the Balance System.
- Outline and follow the steps used in the Balance System to diagnose and treat health conditions.
- Diagnose which meridians are sick and apply a treatment plan.